1. Tämä sivusto käyttää keksejä (cookie). Jatkamalla sivuston käyttämistä hyväksyt keksien käyttämisen. Lue lisää.

Start up problems and Power Supply help.

Viestiketju PC:n rautaan liittyvä keskustelu -osiossa. Ketjun avasi jady 02.12.2013.

1. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Hi, sorry for writing this in English!

My computer has been shutting down during boot up. It starts fine in Safe Mode, tho. Once I do manage to boot up (it took me 6 tries this time) the computer stays up .. so it's just a start up issue.

All the fans are working ok and no problems with Ram or over heat issues. After a series of eleminations, I've concluded that it's a power supply issue. I need to buy a new one!

My problem is I don't know very much about what power supply would be compatible with my rig. My current one is: FSP400-60HLN (24 pin). My processor: AMD Phoenix 9500 Quad-core processor, 2200 Mhz and I am running Windows 7, professional.

I don't do any gaming, so I need something basic and inexpensive :)

I thought I'd play it safe and just buy exactly the same one, but I couldn't find the same model anywhere!

Is there anything similar to what I had that you would recommend? It would be great if someone would take a quick look at huuto.net and let me know if ther's any thing there that would be compatible .. this would really be highly appreciated. Any help or suggestions would really be great. Thanks in advance.

3. Gereti

Gereti Senior member

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    what case you have?, becose allmost every, normal PSU (ATX) is compatible with your part's,

one, good and cheap psu, is XFX 450W core-edition
    but, becose your psu, what oyu use now is ATX, then XFX450W should be easy, to chance

4. Lurluck

Lurluck Active member

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
  5. Tumpelo666

Tumpelo666 Regular member

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    As Lurluck said, XFX450w is a great option.

6. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Excellent, very much apprecdiated, thank you.

7. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Thank you all for the very quick replies. XFX 450W Core-edition it is :)

Now I am off for a google search on where to find it :)

8. Tumpelo666

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
  9. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    It's already on its way :) Thanks again guys.

10. Tumpelo666

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Nice.

You're welcome! Hopefully you'll get it installed and get your PC working.

11. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Hi guys, sorry to be back with bad news .. my diagnosis was wrong!! The new power supply didn't do the trick. Still, it's good to have it, I know it's better than my old one.

Now I know it's not the RAM or the Power Supply! So it could be the Processor, or a Hard Disk starting to go bad, or the Motherboard needs changing (If there's a short circuit there somewhere)! I am considering my next move and back for help :)

From the Desktop Gadget Gallery, in Windows 7, I have placed the CPU Meter on the Desktop. I notice, during the first few minutes after startup (when I manage to get that far, usually after 4-6 attempts of computer shutting down mid-bootup), I notice that the CPU usage Meter fluctuates from 4% to as high as 60% .. this can go on for 2-3 minutes and then it idles at around 4% .. then, whatever browsing I do, it seldom goes above 20-30%! By the way, 60% is bordering on the yellowish/reddish part of the meter (presumably close to the danger zone)!

Do you guys agree that the inital big fluctuation indicates that the culprit is indeed the processor?

As always, any help would be very much appreciated.

12. PalleTheBoy

PalleTheBoy Active member

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Sorry to hear things didn't go as planned.

Have you tried to check your hard disk health status? You can test it with CrystalDiskInfo, which tells you the hard disk healthstatus etc.

I also read that you have checked your CPU temps. What kind of program did you use? Some programs may not show the correct values.

E: Just some edit to my text..
    E2: Are you using integrated graphics? If not, then you may want to check GPU temps also.

Viimeksi muokattu: 12.12.2013
  13. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Thanks for the quick reply. You gave me a few things to think about. I'll start by checking the hard disk with CrystalDiskinfo. Thank you.

I'll be back with the results :)

14. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    CrystalDiskinfo gave health status ‘’Good’’and Temperature 41 C.

I know it's not a GPU temp issue, because I removed the card and plugged directly into the computers own system and the problem was exactly the same.

The CPU program I am using comes with WIndows 7, under ''Desktop Gadget Gallery''. It measures the CPU usage .. I am not sure if that means the temperature, tho!!

15. BPVest

BPVest Senior member

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Probably motherboard. That time motherboards were built around crappy capacitors.

16. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    You're probably right :) The new processor didn't do the trick (neither did the new power supply)!! The hard disk is too long a shot .. so yep, that leaves the motherboard, DAMN!!!

Mine is AMD690VM-FMH .. any of you guys have a used one to sell? Nothing on Huuto.net at the moment!

17. Toniman92

Toniman92 Regular member

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Do you see any leaked or bulging capacitors around the board?

Usually they are easy to notice, especially if they have been leaking for some time.
    But that definitely seems motherboard problem..

That motherboard is pretty hard to find, both new or used, what processor you have?

18. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Hi, my processor is: AMD Phenom x4 9550 AM2. I can't afford a new motherboard, I am looking for a used one. AMD690VM-FMH is difficult to find (as you said .. there's nothing on huuto.net, anyway). I don't know what other motherboards out there would be compatible with my processor and memory modules. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

19. BPVest

BPVest Senior member

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Any Socket AM2 motherboard will do. Also AM3 boards are fine as long as they support DDR2.

20. jady

jady Newbie

Kiitokset:
    Pisteet:
    Ok, this is good news, definitely opens up the choice quite a bit. Thanks a lot for all these posts .. you guys are great :)

Jaa tämä sivu